Friday, February 16, 2018

Day 5 - Growing In Unity

Day 5 - Growing In Unity

So.  Day 5 is here, and yeah, I wanted to do FIVE projects... well, Wednesday had other plans for my week, but I had UNITY  (and ummm, Unity is FIVE letters too...just sayin') so my solution????  Use FIVE different stamp sets for one project!!  Woohoo. Come at me Friday!!! I already kncoked your Cousin Wednesday out like a light, so bring it on tough guy!! LOL

Now let's get to the fun stuff!!!  The project today was a beautiful card and matching gift tag.





I used the following Unity Stamp Sets to make this Gift Set with Greeting Card and matching Gift Tag:

Summer Girl
Be The Best
Sew Cute
Dreams Take You
Floral Scroll


The Summer Girl set is so fun. You really don't realize how big she is until you try to fit her on a 4inch wide card. Yeah, she takes up some real estate, and I LOVE her!! The swirls, the flowers, love how she is drawn and she is really fun to color too.

The Be The Best set I used the sentiment on the middle of the scalloped edge circle on the tag.

The Sew Cute set I used on the edges of the scalloped circle on the tag because it just looked too plain hanging out there in the middle, alone, probably lonely. It needed some flowers  :)

The Dreams Take You set was used on the middle of the scalloped edge circle on the card.  Again, it kinda looked weird hanging out there all by itself but I didn't have many tiny images to choose from to make a background..... hey Unity Peeps... Can we put in a suggestion to have some sets that have itty bitty teensy weensy (which could be a cute line) stuff to make your own backgrounds and fill in little blank areas... like little itty bitty flowers, and hearts and stars and tiny feet, and, and, ok, sorry, I got a little ahead of my self. where was I? oh yeah, plain! Background. Tiny Stamp. Hmmmm <lightbulb above my head>

The Floral Scroll set was used to fancy up that scalloped circle on the tag. I absolutely love the Dreams Take You sentiment, but it just looked like it was out there naked in a sea of teal on that huge scalloped edge circle. So I thought and I thought, and I thought some more (well, no I didn't. I really went into the kitchen and rummaged around for chocolate...no luck,... teenagers...mmmph) so upon my return I went back through my stamp sets and there it was... that little bunch of flowers attached to that pretty little scroll. hmmm could I make it work? Could I just ink the edges of the flowers and stamp the itty bitty edge of the circle??? Could I??  Well OF COURSE I could!!! I am a CRAFTER!!!  We could repair a transmission with foam tape, a hole punch, and 14 eyelets stuck together with embossing powder and crochet thread for pete's sake!!  I could do this!!! <start singing the ROCKY tune, you know you are thinking it, you are, aren't you!! I knew it!!!>  Yes!!!! I have WON the internet!!! I WILL ACHIEVE the Challenge of FIVE!!!! I used 5 stamps sets for ONE project!!! Victory!!  Adrianne!!!!!

Ok, ok, so I didn't win a boxing match, I just felt like this week threw me one midway...lol  Oh well, such is Life. Always a bump in the road somewhere. Good thing I can make beautiful cards and gifts  for people to help smooth it out here and there!!!!

Oh this week has been soooo fun!!! I have so enjoyed getting to show off some of my favorite stamp sets from one of THE BEST Rubber Stamp Companies on the planet!! Everyone has been so kind with their comments and I love all the feedback. Don't forget... I am picking two lucky winners to win some AWESOME Unity Stamps, so please leave me a comment so I can include your name in the drawing!!!

I am including a few random pictures of the project along the way. I will do my best to update this with all the other supplies I have used on this project this weekend, after some much needed rest.


My starting point, one awesome Unity Stamp set, and the most amazing things come packaged in their little envelopes... want to know what it is? (well, der, yes there is a rubber stamp in there silly!!) no...what else is in there you ask? I don't even know how they fit it in such tiny bags, but they cram in a truck load of INSPIRATION!!!!! 



yes smarty pants, I know it looks like I am doing it wrong. I was "lining it up".... (shhhhh I did do it wrong... lack of sleep can get the best of you...lol  at least it wasn't inked yet!!! )




This stamp is one of the funnest to color. SO many possibilities, yet looks completely amazing just stamped in black! 



Yep, you guessed it. I colored the circles.  I didn't have any cardstock that color so I made my own!! (just call me Martha McGuyver...lol)



What? you don't have any small stamps?? well, what is a crafter to do?? That's right... MAKE IT WORK!!! I inked just the one flowers and used it at the edge. Turned out pretty good if I do say so myself! (and since I am the only one in here, I guess that makes me boss..lol lol)




Yep, used the marker on the edge to to make it look like another layer. Us Crafters.. we are crafty!! (or are we cheaters? I totally just cheated on that...lol  )



You notice...even my scissors are Unity colors...yeah!!  Their colors on their packages inspired today's card!!

Ta-Da!!! My final Growing In Unity Project!! <sniff sniff>  I'll be okay, really. no, really, I don't, well, yeah, okay, I need the tissue...lol 



To the people of Unity, Thank You! Thank you for giving these opportunities to your fans (I would say customers, but once you buy a Unity stamp, you are pretty much addicted and after that you are just like the ate up rock n roll fan that follows the band to every concert, but for us, we just follow their Facebook site... every. single. day. sometimes more than once. or twice. or ok ok ok I checked it 12 times!! stop!!  LOL  But really... Thank you for this opportunity, Thank you for the stamps two of these lovely people are going to win, and THANK YOU for just being a decent, honest, fun, exciting, company that pours tons of inspiration into our lives every day with all these beautiful things we can make and give. You really are a great company, don't change a thing!!!!











26 comments:

  1. Ohh. I love your colors. Summer Girl is going on my wish list. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE< LOVE your color combination. Thank you for sharing this week with us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card and tag! I've enjoyed your projects this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pretty colors! I can always use ideas for tags! Thank for sharing this week 😁

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW! Great tips, great coloring, love the teal and all the stamps. Just amazing! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lots of clever cuteness!! I like how you used parts of stamps. I forget that you can do that!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really out did yourself on this one. Love the coloring and all the stamps you used, I often use different sets to make cards but have never done anything this beautiful. Thank you for your week

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome post, Martha MacGyver!! haha So fun! And your card & tag are beautiful. what a way to cheat, errr, I mean craft with what you have! Love how you made your own cs color by coloring with the marker & the edge, too. I enjoyed your week immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been a fun week of Unity with you--your posts and projects are creative.

    ReplyDelete
  10. A great week! I love today's colour, one of my favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love these!!! Lovely colors and project!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's so cute! I need to make more tags. I've enjoyed all your projects. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like your colors. So happy and pretty

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...