Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Day 3 - Growing In Unity

Day 3... Growing in Unity

This card is SUPER SIMPLE and sometimes you just need simple. Especially on days you have grumpy teenagers.... I need A LOT of SIMPLE today...LOL

I used some basic white cardstock, black cardstock, and here we go again with this pink cardstock... Yeah, me, the person who hates pink, yet it kept calling me back, or maybe it was Evelyn, maybe she likes pink. Yeah, gonna blame Evelyn on that one!
 


Supplies Used
Unity Stamp Company - Evelyn Girl
Tsukineko - (Tuxedo Black) Ink
Stampendous - (Clear) Ultra Detail Embossing Powder
Spectrum Noir - AP3, PP2, PP4, PP5, PP6, TN3, TN6, BGR1



and since I have included a 2nd project each time, might as well include one here too....  This little guy was the FIRST Unity stamp I ever used...so yeah, I am a little attached to him. I wanted to make a cute Valentine box to put some candy treats in  for (yep, you guessed it) those grumpy teenagers. I put the owl on foam tape so he would pop out a little, but you can't really see it in the photo. Sorry.


Supplies Used
Unity Stamp Company - Hugs, Kisses & Birthday Wishes
Tsukineko - (Tuxedo Black) Ink
Stampendous - (Clear) Ultra Detail Embossing Powder
Spectrum Noir - AB2, PL1, HB1, GY3, MB2, EB1
ColorBox (Hot Pink, Lavendar, Turquoise) Pigment Inks



This little guy was also my first stamp I used to try out Paper Piecing.  (and I'm going to sneak a few pics of that project in here too....be gentle, it is a little rough around the edges), but it sure was fun to learn a new technique and he is perfect for paper piecing!!!


here are a few before pictures so you can see how I put him together. 


Paper piecing is great for those scraps of patterned paper you have laying around. 


Now to assemble...


More piecing together...


Then I had to give him some color....still not very good at coloring him yet, but working on it  :)


then I realized my white cardstock was just too plain, so I made another mask using a sticky note


Covered my stamped image with the sticky note mask


Then I just rubbed my ink pad across the cardstock while the sticky note protected my image. 
 
Added a strip of paper down the side

There. Done.  
 
 

I guess 3 projects on the third day is appropriate.... oh wait,,,did I just challenge myself to 4 tomorrow?  Ummmmm yeeah, NO!  LOL   I might be funny sometimes, but I am not crazy...LOL

Don't forget to leave comments so you can win some AWESOME Stamps from Unity Stamp Company.  I will be choosing 2 winners at the end of my week!!

I can't say in words how much I LOVE their company, their products, their inspiration on a daily!!! Best Customer Service too! Check them out here at UNITY STAMP COMPANY , you know, they always have something on sale!!! Now go fill up your cart!!   










40 comments:

  1. Love unity, best stamps and bestest customer service ever.lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love the shadow on your Evelyn card. What a great idea for the background with that cute little owl. I like the heart balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all!!! The shadows on the first one are fantastic, the treatbox is so adorable and the paper piecing is just great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! The shadow on the first card is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Damn Evelyn. I blame her for lots of things! Adorable projects!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much ... yeah, I blame evelyn often....lol

      Delete
  6. Love seeing the shadow on the first card Guess that is something I will have to try always learning something new I love the owl but then I love balloons on cards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Patricia. Seriously, I was winging it. I have never done a shadow like that. I just tried to draw the silhouette of the stamped image a couple inches behind it to give it depth. I probably had a lot more luck and a lot less skill on this one. If I can do it, you can. Try it!

      Delete
  7. Love the shaddow idea never thought about that. I love my owls. Haven't used any yet. But this is a great idea. Balloons are always amazing uplifters 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Melanie. Try the shadowing, it was fun and my first time really trying to draw one like that!!

      Delete
  8. I love all your projects today, you can't go wrong with balloons, they are perfect for piecing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute!!! I love the pink/black and that shadow you created is amazing. And that owl stamp is one of my favorites. I love seeing it on a treat box and paper piecing. Great cards, great designs, and wonderful tips and inspiration. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim. The shadow was really fun (and scary, I never did one like that) I was winging it. try it, it is fun!!

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing your Awesome projects!!! Love your coloring and shading on Evelyn! Great coloring and paper piecing on the owls!!! Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The shadow behind your girl is really cool. Even if they don't say so, the teens still love the treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Denise. Yeah, they scarfed up the chocolate pretty quick..lol

      Delete
  12. What a fun posting today I love your large shadow on the balloon girl! Plus that owl is so much fun!! Do you have the other poses he comes in?? Great for boxed sets esp if you plan on doing 4 projects tomorrow & 5 projects on Friday!!!! Looking forward to them ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Wendy!! Other poses?? hmmmm I didn't know there were more of him. I need to go back through the site again!!! HE NEEDS FRIENDS!!!! Thanks for telling me, I will be shopping this weekend!! (and I am blaming you if I buy a ton of Owls...just sayin...LOL) Thanks for the kind words Wendy!!! It has been a fun week!

      Delete
  13. I love the paper piecing!!!! Can’t wait to see what you have in store for the rest of the week :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome creations! Love the first card and your coloring! And the owl is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really love that first card and the colors. I love all the Angie Girls and on the next projects you had me at “owl” 🦉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Shannon!!! Someone just mentioned there are MORE OWLS!!!!!!! I have to go find all his friends!!!! :) Unity Stamps knows how to get you addicted to creatures you never liked before...those dang artists they have over there!!!! #AddictedToUnity #BestStampsEver

      Delete
  16. Super cute projects! L*O*V*E the treat box.
    Great shadowing of Miss Evelyn. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. did a great job with Evelyn girl...nice card

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very cute card! I’m loving the long cards! And I just love the great shadow you created of the girl and balloons. Great owl coloring and paper piecing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Joyce!! Some big FIRSTS here that turned out really awesome!! It was fun trying new techniques.

      Delete
  19. The owl is just precious. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sharon. I just found out Unity has MORE OWLS!!! Yes!!! He has FRIENDS!!!! I must go get them, bring them home, I bet he is lonely without them...lol Loving the OWLS!!! #NowLetMeBuyMoreUnityStamps #UPSguyKnowsToHideTheBoxInTheGardeniaBush

      Delete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...