Monday, February 12, 2018

Day 1 - Growing In Unity 2018

OMG I am sooooo excited to be the Growing In Unity Girl this week!!!Acccckkkkkk  Yes, super excited!!! Truly an honor to get to do this with all of you AMAZINGLY TALENTED people!!!!

So...my first day, whew, tall order!!! I feel like I am trying to pick a dress to wear to the Oscars...LOL   WHICH CARD DO I PICK???? I mean, they are like your kids after you birth one right?? How could I pick a favorite? Well dear, I guess I will start with a VALENTINE card since my week fell during Valentine's Day.

Hope you like my spin on a Valentine..


Supplies :

Unity Stamp Company - Alphabetically Adorable 
UnityStamp Company - KOTM (Flowers) November 2014 
Tsukineko - (Tuxedo Black) MementoLuxe Ink
Stampendous - (Clear) Ultra Detail Embossing Powder
Spectrum Noir - (Pink CR4) Alcohol Marker
Marvy - Embossing Heat Gun
Scor-Pal - Scoring Tool
3m - Foam Tape
Recollections - Foam Mini Squares
Stampin Up - (Positively Pink) Classic Ink
Coats & Clark - (Black) Crochet Thread


To make this fun card..

I started with a white cardstock base, Using the Flowers from the Kit Of The Month, November 2014 (KOTM)  I used The Positively Pink ink to stamp the  Flowers on my white cardstock to create a background.

Next I stamped the letters on white cardstock, fussy cut them out(tried to be sneaky and just cut them in squares but they were too big for my card, so I had to cut them anyway. So much for short cuts..lol) I colored the letters using a Spectrum Noir Alcohol Marker (CR4). Ok, so I did get to do a shortcut after all. I usually try to use 2-3 colors but they looked great as is, so moving on.... lol

After I got the main parts done, I decided I needed some string, so I spent about  25 minutes trying to tie crochet thread into a cute bow .... note to self, skip the bow next time, they aren't your friends...lol The mini pink tag was much easier!!!!

Once I got all my parts together, I added mini foam squares to the letters, and a few strips of the 3m Foam tape to the back of my Black cardstock.

There you have it... Be My Valentine...Or Not. Thats okay too..lol

Hope everyone is having a wonderful start to their week!! Happy Monday folks (yeah, I know, I shouldn't be this cheerful on Monday morning,) but, hey, I'm the GIU girl today, so yeah, Mondays can ROCK!!!

And since we need to ROCK it today... Here is  another card made using a lot of what was listed above. After I made the Valentine card, I just couldn't get past how pretty the Flowers from the KOTM kit was, so I decided I needed to make another card...


Used the same flowers from the KOTM, November 2014 kit and I paired it with the sentiment from the Unity Girls, the sentiment says "You keep me safe... I'll keep you wild.  Thought it was perfect for this card.

Ok, off to work I go. Hope all of you have a wonderful day, and don't forget to leave a comment each day so I can pick some winners for Unity Stamp Prizes!!

Check out their AWESOME stamps using the link below:



58 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card!! I love the pink and black together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Beautiful! Love the background and color combination.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card! That stamp is so cute! I agree... That pink and black go very well together! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful! Love the pink & black!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft and sweet. I love pink/black together. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the pink color so soft and pretty, most valentines are always red the pink is refreshing and delicate any woman would love this card

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I agree there is always a lot of red, never enough pink :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty. Love that alphabet. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute card! You picked a perfect Oscar winning card design!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great card!! I am in love with the 'alphabetically adorable' set so onto the wish list it went! Looking forward to your GIU week of inspiration. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes I do love this alphabet. I have 5-6 other sets and I keep coming back to this one. So fun!

      Delete
  10. Pink and black is such an elegant colour combo, but you have nade it fun as well. I love your card

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sigh... this is just BEAUTIFUL!! Just beautiful.-Annie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are so pretty! Love the pink and black.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love both of your cards!! Pink & Black is a fabulous combo!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The flowers are so pretty from that kit. The fussy cut letters were worth it- so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Yes, the flowers were so pretty in that light pink. The fussy cutting, should be called cussing cutting...LOL They were a little tricky, but yeah, definitely worth it. They looked SO MUCH BETTER trimmed close.

      Delete
  15. Love your cards. You’re bow looks great. They are not my friends either

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) LOL That little booger was a bear to get tied right so it would lay nice.

      Delete
  16. Great card. I really don't use alphabet stamps, but yours turned out so well, I might reconsider.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I didn't use them much UNTIL I got this set!! I probably have 5-6 alphabet sets and I keep coming back to this one. It is so fun and you get a real pop with just a little bit of color. The artwork on them are great! And as you can see, they are pretty good size. I think they woul make a fun background too!

      Delete
  17. I totally love your card! What a treat to see the alphabet stamps used in such a cool way. I have that kit, but have not really done much with it. I feel inspired to pull it out and start using it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) YAY!!! Glad I could inspire you with this set, I just love it. I have used it many times and I think my next project will be making a background with it.

      Delete
  18. this is gorgeous!! Love those flowers and the letters are great with this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fantastic! I love the color combo !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the long card and those terrifically cut out letters. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Those letters were a little tricky to cut, but well worth the effort. I think they look so much better trimmed close. As for the long card, I challenged myself at Christmas time to make cards this size and I really like the extra real estate you get with them so I have made quite a few. I wanted something I could use a business envelope with since they were SO MUCH cheaper than Invitation size envelopes and they don't require additional postage like the 5.5inch square cards.

      Delete
  21. Beautiful! I like that it’s a different size to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene! :) I challenged myself at Christmas time to make cards this size and I really like the extra real estate you get with them so I have made quite a few. I wanted something I could use a business envelope with since they were SO MUCH cheaper than Invitation size envelopes and they don't require additional postage like the 5.5inch square cards.

      Delete
  22. Really beautiful cards and love the pink and black!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks everyone for all the great comments!!! Tune in tomorrow to see what I have up my sleeve :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. You are so funny. I've struggled with bows before too! They are not our friends! Love the card and your choice to use a longer card base makes your design pop!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card! Love the raised letters!!! The pink and black look great together!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty cards. I really like how you spelled out Valentine on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a great design!! I am loving the delicate of the pink and stability of the black. My favorite is the fussy cut letters though!! (I love your comment on cussy cutting!! & I agree) Congrats on your GIU WEEK!!! You're off to a great start ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the letters and how you arranged them across the bottom of the card! This card is simply awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I didn't know unity had an alphabet set! On my list now--this is such a cute card.

    ReplyDelete
  30. nice card...love the "different" size...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Very cute cards... love the letters!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Flowers in triplicate looks great. So soft, too.

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...