Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Day 2 - Growing in Unity

Day 2 - Growing in Unity

Whew, day two...how does this time warp thing work?? It's already Day 2?? But Day 1 was like 5 minutes ago right?  Oyyyyy Never Enough Time In The Day!!!!!

I don't know about you, but this adulting thing is a lot harder than I thought! Can I get a refund? The J.O.B. thing and then PARENTING?? Wait, what? I have to do BOTH in the SAME DAY??? But, but, but <insert quivering lip here> but I have crafty stuff to do. <insert sad puppy dog eyes> I just want to play with my toys, I mean crafts, they are CRAFTS..... LOL

Ok... Day two.... Here we go....

I thought day 2 should be special, well, because, well,,,, there was day 1.. and if Day 1 got to play with the coolest Alphabet EVER, than Day 2 should get to play with the best Angie Girls set ever:
 ... Now before you get all huffy about me picking ONE Angie Girl stamp to say was my favorite ( I know, I know, I am trying to type quietly so all the other Angie Girls sets over there don't get all butthurt) but let me defend myself here. Ya see, I am pretty attached to this set because I named my daughter Kara, so you see, it WAS like picking a favorite kid, well in this case, Angie Girl, because well, Kara. See? #Justified  LOL  Ok ok ok, on to the card.....



Supplies Used

Unity Stamp Company - Kara and Melissa Girls
Unity Stamp Company - She Never Says Never
Ranger- Super Fine Detail (Black) Embossing Powder
Spectrum Noir Markers - BGR5, IG1, IG2, EB1 (Girl on left)
Spectrum Noir Markers - CR8, IG10, BGR2, EB3 (Girl on right)
Tsukineko - (Tuxedo Black) MementoLuxe Pigment Ink
Stampin Up - (Positively Pink) Classic Ink


and of course, when I made that card, I loved the background I created so much, I had to make another one.   So here is  Card #2 and a few Before and After pictures showing how I put them together.





Start out using the BEST STAMPS EVER....



Add in ANOTHER AWESOME STAMP SET!!!




Used my Stamping Platform to get a really nice  clean image...




Colored this Girl with Spectrum Noir Markers BGR5, IG1, IG2, EB1 






Colored this Girl with Spectrum Noir Markers CR8, IG10, BGR2, EB3




I used a large Sticky Note to make a mask for the Kara and Melissa Girls.  After I  stamped,heat embossed, and colored my image, I covered it with the sticky note and used the She Never Says Never stamp with the beautiful writing to create the background. (I used the smaller sticky note to cover up the bottom right since I wasn't smart enough to stamp left to right....nooooo I had to go all willy nilly and put it down random so it was kinda like I mopped myself into a corner...lol) 




Ok, I think that is Day 2!  Hope everyone is having a great week and somewhere, somehow, between all this adulting... I hope you are sneaking off to play with the Toys.... CRAFTS, I mean CRAFTS!!!






37 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card, have to put those girls on my wishlist!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra!! Yes, you need these girls!! I have used them on many different occasions.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous I love the coloring, I just got this stamp and inked now to color. This is a favorite of mine reminds me of my best girlfriend and me going shopping for the day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Patricia!! I actually bought this stamp to make a card for my best friend since 6th grade!! It would make a great "Let's Go Shopping" card with a Gift Card tucked inside. :)

      Delete
  3. Your card is stunning...And I loved reading your blog for this card. Great humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Katy for the kind words. Our house is a circus most of the time so I have to find humor to survive...LOL Raising Teenagers should come with Hazardous Pay...LOL!!!!

      Delete
  4. It is a great background! Beautiful card! I need to add Kara & Melissa to my collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Daphne!!! Yes, you need this set. I have used it for so many different occasions, it is my GO TO stamp a lot of the time!!

      Delete
  5. Awesome card! Makes me want to go ink up my Kara & Melissa... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crystal!! Would love to see your creations with this stamp.

      Delete
  6. I love a scripty BG like this. It's one of my
    fave things to put on a card. And of course, the
    Angie girls are all fabulous. I have a favorite
    ONE also ... any guesses?? Yep, Bloomin' Rebecca. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca...ohhh I LOVE the Bloomin' Rebecca girl, she is definitely on my list!! Yes I do like the wordy backgrounds. Makes for an easy background.

      Delete
  7. I love these two. Great job on the background. The coloring you did looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie!!! I am still learning to color with these alcohol markers so I appreciate the kind words!!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful cards! Love your background and coloring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL! Where do we sign up to get the refunds??? I love today's card. Love how you stamped the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! Refund me now or I'm calling corporate!!! Oh wait, hmmmmm guess I would be calling the universe, somehow I think I am going to get stuck in voicemail..LOL Thanks for the kind words!!

      Delete
  10. Great coloring of these Angie girls and I like the background.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue. I have a feeling that background will be a go-to for me. It was so easy, but WOW it looks good!!

      Delete
  11. Great card. Great tips and design. Great job! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara and Melissa Girls is one of my favorite stamps it reminds me of me and my best friend from Minnesota.
    Very cute card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shannon.... I bought this stamp because it reminded me of me and my bestie since 6th grade. The first card I made with it was sent to her in Florida. Oh how I miss her!! Wish I would have taken a picture of that card!!

      Delete
  13. Thank you everyone for the kind words!!! So very nice of you all to stop by and leave some comment love!!! See you again tomorrow!! Night Night Crafty World. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hooray! Day 2!!! I am in love with your background and thank you for showing your masking technique :) I also really appreciate the color saturation you have going on in your coloring - intense!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great card! Love the stamp set, the coloring and the background!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Parenting, wifing, and jobing... I want a blanket fort so I can just color in it all day!

    Great techniuqes and I love your final result.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card and the girls really stand out against that background.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this set as well! It reminds me of myself and my bestie. Love what you did with the background!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful card! Love the background!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have these !!! love that!!! great card

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very cute girls! Love the background stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I like the script background. Nice idea....

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...