Thursday, February 15, 2018

Day 4 - Growing In Unity

Day 4 - Growing In Unity

Day 4, you challenged me. I fought back...

with TAGS!!!!!

Yes FOUR tags because, well, Day 4...lol

so maybe yesterday I was a little crazy and a lot less funny.. Day 4 almost didn't happen. Unfortunate family emergency and barely getting these done on time but here goes... (note... I will be updating with more details tomorrow after some much needed sleep)

I thought using some of the Itty Bitty stamps to make some tags  would be a fun way to celebrate Day FOUR <Sung in my best Disney kind of voice> so here we go.

Of course Evelyn was still mad that I blamed her yesterday so she insisted she needed be on a tag and "she wasn't too tall, and she had balloons, and every body liked balloons, and she needed to go first and she never got to play with the ribbon yesterday, and dang it" Evelyn wanted to attend Day Four Party at The Crafting Castle!!!!!






These tags were so fun to make, and so easy with the awesome images that Unity Stamps cranks out.   I love making Thank You tags for people. I like dropping off a little sweet treat , a get well, or happy gift for a favor and I can attach this little tag to the gift, it has a "To and From" on the back and I can leave it at their desk to say thanks for helping out.  Everyone always comments on the tags. They make great little gifts too!!!! A package of pretty handmade gift tags is a great little gift and add in a set of matching greeting cards and you have a wonderful gift for someone that might not be as crafty as you but would love to give them to people they love.


The first tag I used was Evelyn. Oh Evelyn, so sassy yet determined to have her way with HAPPY HAPPY BALLOONS!!!








The Second tag I used the DoN't Be PerFect (Planner Gal) by Angie Blom
This stamp calls out to my soul. I have this long standing  joke in my house about Awesome and it brings a lot of laughs to our house with how flipping awesome we all are, so when I saw a stamp that had the word AWESOME with a great quote, I had to have it. I have used this one so much it probably have wear marks..lol


The third tag I used Badass Every Day
Now let me tell you a funny little story about this card... remember those teenagers I have been telling you about? Well one of them, just so happens to hate any thing real "girly and pink" so when I was showing her my tags ( I know, a teenager actually looked at something I made...lol ) I showed her this and she says "eh, it's okay" and I joked "Awww, don't you like the girly one?" and she shrugs, so I say "You know it has a cuss word on it?" <head whips back around>  "what?"  Yeah, it has a cuss word. , "Nuh Uh" <peers closer to read the whole thing" and the giggles begin...LOL After our day 3, it was nice to see a smile out of her and I just love this stamp. I often make it as a Bookmark and give to friends who might need the reminder to be BAD ASS EVERYDAY.







and finally the 4th tag, I used the Thank You stamp

...to me, the MOST IMPORTANT ONE, because, (yeah I know it's day four, , I am crazy about numbers, I know, calm down, that wasn't where I was going, hang on to your britches,, No I wasn't Thanking Unity... wait, YES I am thanking Unity, geesh that's not what I meant, that wasn't where I was going either,, <palm to forehead> can I just get to it?..) the 4th one is the most important because...

 I did this one in honor of MY MOM who absolutely LOVES Elephants and I can't say THANK YOU enough to that woman for the grey hairs I have given her, the wrinkles I have caused her, and the moments I worried her soul. Another Awesome Mom thing, she is turning SEVENTY FIVE in just a few days, so how about we get a few Happy Birthdays for Nana.... :)
LOVE YOU MOM!!!!



Ok folks, I promise to update the pictures with the supplies I used to make them, but I am barely hanging by a thread tonight and we have a long day ahead tomorrow so unfortunately it will be another late post. I have so enjoyed my week as the Growing In Unity girl and I look forward to seeing all the lovely creations these girls come up with.  For those of you that have followed along this week, thank you so much for all the wonderful comments, couldn't have been a better week to need the extra love. Hope you and all your families are safe tonight. Thinking of so many right now.

Night












26 comments:

  1. The elephant is so cute!!! I love your tags...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That elephant is gorgeous! I love the ribbon on the second one too! Great job on these tags! You out colors together well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your family is ok. Your tags are wonderful. Get ideas. Thanks for sharing. Love your sense of humor too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kim. Very kind of you. Yes I think she will be okay, just tough road until then maybe. Take Care.

      Delete
  4. Love your set of tags! You pulled together a great post for Day #4 despite your rough day! I hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise. Yes, day 4 was a bit of a struggle, but with all of you awesome people cheering me on, I wasn't going to let anyone down. I have so enjoyed the week of Growing In Unity. Kinda sad to write the last post. :)

      Delete
  5. Super cute tags. One of my favorite things to make and give to people whom I know like to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katy. Yes, they make great gifts and you can make a bunch at once and have them ready to gift.

      Delete
  6. These are great! Great idea about gifting a set of tags. Planner girl is my favorite, but the elephant is a close second. I hope tomorrow is emergency-free!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Daphne. No emergencies thankfully, just a little bent and wrinkled, but she will be okay. The tags do make great gifts. I gifted sets of 6 to a few people this year for Christmas and they really liked them. I think I am going to make a few sets with matching stationary just to keep on hand in the closet for that "oh I forgot the gift" or need a quick little thank you gift. Thanks for the kind words!! Take care!

      Delete
  7. Hope your week gets better! My favorite is badass everyday 🤪 even on the chaotic days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Shannon. Yes, Badass is definitely one of my favorites very early on.

      Delete
  8. cute tags....hope no more emergencies.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Wilma, thankfully no more emergencies. :)

      Delete
  9. So sorry for you day. Hope all is better today. I love the tags I am going to make some bookmarkers if I can find a place to laminate them for me. Love the elephant but all are great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Patricia. speaking of laminating... I bought a small 4 inch wide laminator years ago (like way over 20, but don't tell..shhhhh I'm showing my age...lol) but I bought this little document laminator at the office supply store and it is perfect for bookmarks...and RECIPES!!! I put some old newspaper clipping recipes on an index card over 25 years ago and I still have that recipe card in my cabinet. It has lived through a lot of spills...lol See if you can find one at Office Depot. They are handy to have for all sorts of projects. :)

      Delete
  10. Great variety of tags. My mom liked elephants too. After she died I divided her small collection to the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind words Sue. So sorry for the loss of your Mom. I am sure your family treasures those elephants. My mother has collected several over the years and she gave some to my nephew to decorate their baby's room with. All of us have favorites and all of us have added to the collection. I love elephants, they are so interesting and amazing animals. Thanks for the kind words Sue. Take Care

      Delete
  11. Beautiful tags. I love the Angie girls. You simply can't go wrong with any of them. There's one for everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute tags and using the double ribbons on them is a really beautiful addition.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great project!! I love book marks! These turned out great. I love the big fat orange ribbon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. 4 tags for day 4 - genius - I love them all

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all fabulous!!! And the elephant tag for your mom is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations to Katy Fowler and Kim Klinkovsky. They are the winners for my Growing In Unity week. Ladies, Please private message me your mailing address so I can send that to Unity....and THANK YOU Unity Stamp Company for providing such awesome prizes!!!! I had a great time and enjoyed everyone's wonderful comments!!! Congratulations Ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...