Monday, February 1, 2021

 Welcome to my First Day as a Growing In Unity Girl for 2021. I was lucky enough to win a spot for a second time, THANK YOU Unity Stamp Company for always providing us crafters with an enormous amount of stamps for every occasion and always encouraging and inspiring us with the beautiful things you create.  I am so excited to share some of my creations with you !!!  

At the end of my Growing In Unity Week, I will randomly pick TWO winners from the comments below to receive a lovely gift from Unity Stamp Company. 


Today I have a beautiful card  and a lovely gift tag or bookmark for those adventurers and motorcycle lovers out there!


The two sets used for these are as follows:

Explore Stamp From Unity Stamp Company -Link Below

Kit of the Month June 2018 from Unity Stamp  Company-Link Below


First up, this lovely card that could be used for soooo many occasions! 





Using the Explore stamp from Unity Stamp Company, First I stamped the Explore stamp onto cardstock with Versafine Black Onyx and Embossed with a clear embossing powder. 



 I used  Ranger Distress ink and water to get this soft colored effect. 



Next I used a water brush to outline where I wanted to tear around the image
( this stamp is huge!!   I LOVE IT!!! ) 
I inked the edges with a dark brown distress ink and  mounted to black cardstock. 





From there I used the Kit of the Month June 2018 sentiment "Ready For an Adventure" , stamped with Versafine Black Onyx, embossed it, then tore around the sentiment and did the edges with a dark brown distress ink. I mounted the sentiment on another piece of black cardstock and attached to the card.


This was a fun card to do and went together really quickly.  I could see using this Explore Stamp to make some wonderful backgrounds for Scrapbooks too! So many uses!!




Next up... this fun little tag (or bookmark) for that Motorcycle lover in your life. I also used the same kit I used for the Explore card. This Kit of the Month set has been my GO TO so many times!! I bought this set FOR the motorcycle, but my goodness, it has so many awesome stamps in it, I have used all of them!!!


First thing I did was stamp the Motorcycle on a few sheets of cardstock. Unfortunately I did not take as many photos on the tag. Whoops! It was inked with Black Onyx and embossed. Then trimmed down to make a tag shape. Next I created a mask by stamping the motorcycle on a sticky note and fussy cutting it. I placed it over my stamped image and used some foam sponges to create a background with some Ranger Distress Inks. 



Next I spritzed with water to get that weathered look.  The motorcycle was colored with Fabric Castell Brush Pitt Pens (but I probably should have used another type, they did not blend well on plain white cardstock. I am used to using them with Gesso prepared surfaces) Live and learn right? LOL  



Once I had the coloring done and the background, I mounted the tag to black cardstock to give it a nice frame and also make it more sturdy. 




I have enjoyed creating these projects for all of you.  Go check out Unity Stamp Company at the link below. They always have wonderful stamps, amazing sales, and THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE on the planet!!

Please leave a comment, let me know what you like
(or didn't like, I'm tough, I can take it..lol)

At the end of my Growing In Unity Week, I will randomly pick TWO winners from the comments to receive a lovely gift from Unity Stamp Company. 

Happy Crafting Everyone!! See you tomorrow for some more Unity Stamp Creations!!



















52 comments:

  1. being a cartographer - i love anything maps- great job on the card- love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I love maps too. Just found some great packs of map paper at hobby lobby. Planing to make a mini album with them.

      Delete
  2. Love them both! One of my fave KOM'S. Your coloring is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your card! Your coloring of it is great! Thank you for sharing. Love unity stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love both of your projects, but especially the card. Those torn edges are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job, Denise! I love the card and the ripped edges are so cute, it really finishes it off nicely! So proud of you, chicky. ��

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card and tag are beautiful. I love how you tore the edge of the card. It goes perfectly with the map. The motorcycle tag is fun and the splatters are cool! Thank you for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Job Denise! I love the adventure card, it would be prefect for a retirement party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! Yea it would be great for retirement or an engagement or even a vacation trip. Soooo many uses with this one.

      Delete
  9. Love both projects! I've used that motorcycle a lot but never masked it! I will have to try that!! Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to the rest of your week!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Tip on the masking,,,, I would stamp the handlebars in the sticky part of the sticky note. It was really hard trying to hold them down because the sticky part was the bottom of the stamp and that is actually easier to keep in place when it doesn’t have sticky. I am actually planning on stamping it on another bigger sticky note so the whole thing will stick. Also, trim your mask super tight. I tend to try to cut mine just inside or on the line. If you trim it too big it will leave a weird ring of the background paper and it’s really hard to blend it in because you keep darkening the edge of your first inking. Hope that helps!!!

      Delete
  10. Great cards to inspire us with more masculine theme. I like how you colored that map & showed its versatility . The motorcycle is my go to for a family filled with riders. I like the curved top shape of the tag it adds interest. Love the color pallet you used.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the kind words. When I saw this kit come out I immediately wanted it. The motorcycle reminds me of my brother and his Harley. It will always be my most loved stamp set.

      Delete
  11. I love cards with a masculine theme as I actually send as many cards to men as to women. We all need them and these are great inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. I too send a lot of cards to guys as well as motorcycle lovers. I grew up in the hood of a car and was raised around motorcycles and cars all my life. My blog name is actually a nod to my dad. He was a mechanic for fifty years and my brother and the rest of the family are also mechanics.

      Delete
  12. Wonderful projects! I especially love the card... your coloring is great, and I, too, love the tone and inked edges. I'm so looking forward to your GIU week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the masculine theme. Perfect colors!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful projects! I wasn't familiar with either of the stamps and will see if I can add the KOM one to my wishlist. Looking forward to seeing what you create for your week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I grab this set on so many projects. You will see it again this week. ;)

      Delete
  15. These are both great but I especially love the map one. I think I need that in my life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh it is lovely. So worth more than it costs. Also great for textures in journals. I will be using it in my mini album as a pocket. It will probably take me a couple weeks to finish it but come back and check it out when you have a minute.

      Delete
  16. These are both wonderful!! I love any kind of a text on a card so the map is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Excellent use of both of these awesome stamps! Love when artists showcase masculine card ideas! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome cards! Love that you created some masculine cards!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love both of these...especially that motorcycle! I always struggle with masculine cards but this one is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  20. These 2 cards are each absolutely perfect. Lllllove the colors on the map card, haven't inked mine up yet, I may try my luck based on your card. Thanks for a super day one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. On this one I took my ink pad and rubbed some on my craft mat and a tiny spritz of water to it and used a paintbrush to color the map.

      Delete
  21. Both projects are fabulous! Your coloring skills are terrific! I have so much to learn! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great cards! I love your coloring techniques! My in-laws ride motorcycles, so I'm going to need the motorcycle stamp!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. You will love this set!!!! I originally bought it just FOR the motorcycle but I find myself grabbing for it again and again.

      Delete
  23. These are great! Thanks for instructions for the map!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic projects! Especially the map.
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  25. The coloring on your map is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love what you done, especially the map!! Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your creations! Love how you colored them!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awesome card and tag. I love making masculine cards and am always looking for inspiration! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...