Tuesday, February 2, 2021

 Welcome to Day 2 of my Growing In Unity Week!


Today I have another Card and Tag combo.  and guess what, here is that GO TO Kit from November 2019 Kit of the Month peeking in again.  I tell ya, it is my favorite set! 



Remember to leave a comment to be entered into the drawing at the end of the week. Two people will be randomly selected to win an amazing gift from The Unity Stamp Company!


Let's get into Tuesday!!!

This Card was made using stamps from the November 2019 Stamp Kit of the Month. 

You can find that stamp set here at the link below:
https://www.unitystampco.com/wonder-kom-11-19/  



To make this card I took a blank white piece of cardstock and used pigment powders and water to create the background. 

 

Next I inked the edges of the background with Black Soot ink. 



 I inked up the girl in the November 2019 Kit of the Month and stamped her on to the background as well as stamped her on more cardstock so I can layer the colored cardstock on top. 



I used Faber Castell Brush Pitt Markers to color in the girl and I used Distress inks smashed on a craft mat, spritzed with water and used a paint brush to color the compass from the same set. 


I also stamped the "Adventure Beckons" sentiment from the kit and cut it out like a banner, backed with black cardstock. 
(Sorry I do not have better pictures, these were made weeks ago and I didn't realize I had not taken many progress photos.) 


The final card made from white cardstock was then mounted onto a black cardstock base to give it the frame and a little more stability in the back to balance the weight of the pieces attached to the front. 





Next up we have the Tag made with the June 2018 Kit of the month as well as the November 2019 Kit of the Month. 



June 2018 Kit of the Month - Link Below:

November 2019 Kit of the Month - Link Below:






This tag was so fun to make! I love the suitcases. I have used them on many journaling pages and greeting cards. 

First I cut a tag out of some recycled cardboard (although feels more like chipboard but a bit thinner) and stamped the luggage on. Then I stamped the same image on a white piece of cardstock as well as a large sticky note. (more about that sticky note in a minute!) 
I like to get most of my stamping done first, then head on to embossing and coloring. 




Once I have the suitcases colored I fussy cut it out and attach it to the tag. Stamping it on the tag and then adding the second layer allows you to maintain the itty bitty parts of the stamp that would most likely get trimmed away and never seen. 





 I also knew I wanted the vase to be front and center so I cut that piece off and attached over the compass I tucked in behind it. 





Once I had the items secured to the tag, that background was screaming "boring" so I went back to that awesome November 2019 stamp set and looky there, a forest of trees to rescue my background.  


I used a sticky note to mask the parts I did not want to adorn with trees and I used the different trees in the set to add some dimension and texture. 




After adding some trees, it still needed a little something so, again, I went back to the SAME KIT and plucked out a nice leaf design and added touches of green. 


Such a fun tag to make.



Hope you have enjoyed Day Two of my Growing in Unity week.  Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win a wonderful gift from The Unity Stamp Company!







22 comments:

  1. Great job showing the progression! I love their tree stamps!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done, I love the idea about the sticky note!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it, especially that tag! ❤

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving your travel theme!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your card and tag projects. They are beautiful and the colors are so rich and vibrant. I love the girl and the compass images. They are all about adventure and having exciting experiences!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great projects! I especially love that tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are wonderful! Love your step by step process.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the tag, especially! Both are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this stamp (girl)! Nice card!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the richness of all the stamped elements. Really great designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful creations! Love your style of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's such a great KOTM! Love what you've done with it!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, I have enjoyed everyone stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the distressed look of your cards and tags. The stamps really work well with the slimline.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great projects! Love how you colored the background on your card.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another great card and tag. I have some of those pigment powders and the results have not been that great! I guess I need to practive a bit more!
    Thanks for sharing!
    (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card and tag. There are many KOM on my wishlist and this one is at the top!!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...