Thursday, February 4, 2021

 

Wow, Day Four already??  

So excited to be the Growing In Unity Girl this week for 
 The Unity Stamp Company!!

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win a wonderful gift from the Unity Stamp Company.  I will choose two people at the end of the week from all of the comments. 

THANK YOU UNITY STAMP COMPANY!!
https://www.unitystampco.com/

 

ok, day four... I have a cute card for the car lovers in your life. 
This card used the Vroom set from The Unity Stamp Company. 


I love this stamp. It is so fun!! and SO BIG!!!! Perfect size for a card front. For this card I stamped the Vroom stamp on two white pieces of cardstock with black pigment ink, then heat embossed. 


I colored one stamped image and left the other one white. This stamp is so well drawn, it can really stand alone without color.  I used my die cut machine to cut out the colored image, then a slightly bigger die to cut out a black frame.  I thought it looked a little too plain so I used some black and teal scraps from the leftovers and added the little banner behind the frame. 



I also added a teal piece of cardstock on the inside of the card to help strengthen the back and balance the weight of the front. (sorry, forgot to take pictures of that)



These next two cards are made using a Unity Stamp set but I am not sure which one. I bought this stamp in the Unity Swap group and I could not find it online, I am sure it is there, maybe in a kit of the month?
(If anyone has this Mandala Snowflake looking stamp, could you please comment below and I will update this section? Thank you)

For this card, I started with a grey card base, stamped with gray on the outer piece and yellow on the inside of the card.  Then I stamped the mandala on white cardstock, fussy cut it out, and inked the edges with a sponge in yellow. Added a simple black band and attached to the front. 
I always like to use the stamp from the card inside for a matching envelope. 



This card was made by stamping the images in black pigment ink and heat embossed, then using Distress Ink and a sponge I colored the images and tore them out. Next I inked the edges and attached to a cream card base.  Not sure where the Thanks stamp comes from but it is not Unity. You can easily tell by the quality of it, it would never pass their standards. Another reason I like to stick with Unity, I KNOW what I am getting!! I know my stamps are going to stamp crisp, my lines are going to be clear, the rubber is going to stamp up to many uses and they hold ink perfectly.  Not so much with the lesser brands. Unity is always TOP QUALITY! 








Well I thought since it was Thursday, I should do a little Throwback Thursday!!!!!   I am going back to 2018 on this one!!! 


I started my journal in 2018 and have used Unity Stamps for YEARS now to personalize my journal, to have words of encouragement and hope sprinkled through to remind me, keep going.  I have covered some of my personal journaling with colored paper, so sorry the pictures are not top notch, but I just wanted to show off a few of my favorite pages that have comforted me (and challenged me lol) over the years. 


This page has a LOT of sets showing out.... Picking your favorite Unity Stamp is like picking your favorite kid...you CAN'T!!  This page was born after a lovely Friendsgiving Celebration at one of my Best Friend's House. 
I wanted to remember the fun, the laughter, the people the moments, and I thought the Unity girls were the perfect fit for capturing that day.  






The Stamp sets used in this layout are as follows:

The Feather is from November 2017 Kit of the Month:
https://www.unitystampco.com/better-with-age-kom-11-17/


(Planner Gal) One Happy Life


(Planner Gal) Be A Beauty


(Planner Gal) Love Them


(Planner Gal) Today


Special Bond


Whatever Comes Next


Unity Girls




This page below was made using the Sew Cute stamp set and the Erica Girl Stamp Set. 


The stamp set used below is the Erica Girl Set





The Sewing Machine and Thread come from the Sew Cute Stamp Set



I stamped and colored this image of the Sewing machine and then used a sticky note mask to cover it while I used distress ink and a sponge to blend the background. 




This lovely stamp called Constance Girl is sprinkled throughout my journal but I think this color version is my favorite. I love the scarf in this stamp. I am a scarf girl, I love them, if there is anything good about winter, it has to be the scarves (well, the boots, ok ok, the boots are pretty awesome) and this Florida girl loves boots, but that is a whole other post...lol lol

Constance Girl
https://www.unitystampco.com/constance-girl/







The page below was my quick fix to covering up the inside page of a one dollar journal and a couple stamps from the November 2014 Kit of the Month. 

I used the soft florals (not sure what plant they are) and the girl stamp to create this front page layout, the first thing I see when I open my journal. I have been looking at this page for 3 years now and I still never wanted to add anything more. 
It is my perfect starting point for my journey into Art Journaling.  




The page below is a little bit busy, but that is the beauty of Art Journaling, you can express your feelings without saying a word sometimes. This page is a combination of whatever was close to me on my craft desk. A few stencils, a few smudges, and of course, a dragonfly stamp called Bold Insight  from the best little Stamp company ever!! Because Dragonflies make everything better right ?











Now to another favorite page.... my trip to visit the bestie and my hometown.  What a trip! We don't get to see each other as often as we would like, being 600 miles away, but we did schedule an Art Class while I was in town and a day on the beach followed by a few days at the resort, this journal page has lots of little tidbits of what we did, where we went, etc. and I bought this set SPECIFICALLY for this page!! I knew it would be the perfect match to our trip, my bestie, and the fun we had!! the images, the sentiments, perfect set!!! 

Gina and Me


I think the butterflies were a Unity Stamp Set as well, but I think those were also a score from a swap. 






The stamp below is another repeater, I add her to a lot of pages.  She also makes a great image for a bookmark or a gift tag. 


Raven Girl




And last but not least..... a tag for fun!!!


This stamp set is so fun for all the Jeep lovers in the world.  Although we probably need a Jeep Ducky (hehehe look it up, it's a thing..lol  Love my Jeep folks!!!!)


Alright folks, this was a jam packed post, don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win!!! I will randomly pick two winners from all the comments at the end of the week. 


See you tomorrow for a really fun project I have so enjoyed making for this week!!! 


Happy Crafting everyone!! and THANK YOU for stopping by!!



21 comments:

  1. Wow! Love it all, especially the stamping in your journal! I see you went to Whim-so-doodle in St. Pete... I loved that store!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED that store. I was actually in the class when they announced they were closing. :( Will have to find something in the area again when we can travel again because that was a great day!!

      Delete
  2. So much to look at! I love Constance girl. I have her and liked the colors you used.

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The set is called ‘Gina and Me’... how great is that! Your journals are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The set is called ‘Gina and Me’... how great is that! Your journals are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, all your projects are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes you made so many great projects! I love your journal. It is something I have never done. You have inspired me to start. I also love the tag you made - it is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your journal is just lovely! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love how ups are documenting everything! It helps when my mojo gets lost. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many awesome projects! An art journal looks like a fun idea. I may have to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are doing so much!! I really like the card with Vroom set! I had not used it yet and really like what you did with it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many awesome projects! Love the cards and tag. I have never tried the art journal thing, but yours is very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Great stuff!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahahahahaha the butterflies I asked about are in the same set!!! The set that sat at my craft table as I searched EVERY BOX OF STAMPS I HAVE looking for the butterflies thinking they were from a different set. Hahahahahaha I have to laugh at myself. Who does that??? #MomBrain #TheTeenageYears hahahahahaha

    Thanks for stopping by everyone and thanks for the lovely comments!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh yes, I've done that, too! lol Your post today is just jam packed full of awesomeness! LOVE your journal pages with all the planner gals. I have lots of them and love every single one. Also love both the first card & tag for the masculine aspect. I struggle with them and the cars are so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total eye candy! You have done a fantastic job on all! So enjoying your week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The coloring on the cutout really makes the card pop and it is obvious from your journal that you have been using your Unity stamps for a long time and in such a wonderful way.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow, wow, wow!! So much goodness in one post!
    Love your spotlight card and all the beauty in your planner.
    Do I have that thread spool?!? I need to check because if I don’t, I NEED IT!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for sharing your journal, so many beautiful stamps and the layout of your cards is fantastc!

    ReplyDelete
  19. W0W! Love the card you made with the Vroom Background! Kidna excited to see what you did with it since I bought the stamp not too long ago!
    All your other projects are just wonderful! Thank you so much for sharing so much inspiration!
    (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my goodness! You were sure busy! So many cuuuuuuute projects!

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...