Wednesday, February 3, 2021

 Here we are, Day Three already!!!! 
So excited to be the Growing In Unity Girl this week for the
 The Unity Stamp Company!!

Don't forget to leave a comment to be entered to win a wonderful gift from the Unity Stamp Company.  I will choose two people at the end of the week from all of the comments. 

THANK YOU UNITY STAMP COMPANY!!
https://www.unitystampco.com/

 

Day Three.... Three Things, hmmm 



Here are today's projects.  Feel free to leave any questions you have in the comments and I will gladly share any tips and tricks on how I made these. 

First Up....
A Card using the Words in Bloom Set from Unity Stamp Company

This card started as a white cardstock base. I smudged some Ranger Distress Inks on my craft mat and spritzed with water. Next I laid the cardstock down in the colors and carefully peeled it back up to find this gem of a background.    

Once my background was dry, I used Versafine Black Onyx to stamp these lovely flowers and embossed with clear embossing powder.  I used markers to color in the flowers. 


Next I mounted the white cardstock to a black mat and then a lavender mat. Next I mounted that to a black base and added a white base inside for a sentiment and to balance the weight of the front layers. 

This stamp set it so lovely. 






Next up....
A Bookmark using the Be The Best Set from Unity Stamp Company


This card was another smoosh technique background, smearing some Distress Inks on my craft mat and spritzing with water. I lay the bookmark (I use watercolor paper to make book marks when doing this technique because it can handle the extra water. Regular 65 pound cardstock tends to fall apart when you get it too wet)


Once I my background was dry I proceeded to stamp and emboss the Dragonfly and sentiment from this set (one of my Favorites, but Dragonflies, it's a given with me )


This set it so easy to use, from Journal pages and tags to beautiful cards and bookmarks. 






and finally.... oh this was so fun!!! 
This little box holds a couple tea bags on each side as well as a bag of cookies inside! 




A Giftbox using the You Are Forever Beautiful 

I used One stamp set and ONE SHEET OF CARDSTOCK!!!  Yes, ONE!!
scored and cut the corners out, I made this in less than an hour and I had never made one before! Stamped it up with the this GORGEOUS set and yes, again, one of my favorites!!! This set packs a big punch!! and such an easy stamp to color!!!

I will park several step by step photos below, super easy!! YOU CAN DO THIS, I promise!!







Once you have all your scoring done and the corners clipped out, you will only need to decorate the triangles, the other parts will be folded inside as you will see below. 



As you can see above, I didn't do a great job on the stamping, but that won't matter here because that side will be folded in and you will never see that panel. 



See, missed spot is hidden in the fold. 










Even without color, this box is still beautiful!





You can actually fit 3 tea bags per side, but it was a little too bulky so I went with two. Depending on some tea bags packaging you can usually fit two using the 8.5x11 cardstock size.  I will have to play around with a 12x12 piece and see how the pockets turn out. Stay tuned!! Maybe that will become a youtube video...hmmmmm 


This little box could be used in so many ways for small gifts, the pockets on each side could hold tags or mini greeting cards, maybe ATC cards?  After I put this together I wished I had stamped another image to fussy cut out and attach to the pocket so you could see the whole flower there, hmmmm Maybe I am not done  :)




Thanks for stopping by and checking out my creations day. I am throughly enjoying my week and can't wait to show you the SUPER SUPRISE for Friday!!!

Don't forget to leave a comment!!  Happy Crafting!!!






19 comments:

  1. Your gift box is beautiful! Love your projects!
    Vannessa Osbourn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What great projects! The gift box is gorgeous. Love the ink smooshed backgrounds, too... one of my favorite background techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful projects! I usually mix my colors when I ink smoosh but I really like that you swiped them in a line for a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice projects are neat! One of my favorite stamps is the dragon fly because I love the sentiment, Be the Best Version of You.! I try!

    Linda Abel

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome projects! Love, love, love that Words in Bloom card! And you definitely can't go wrong with You Are Forever Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! All are great, but love the little box idea.😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. That little gift box is absolutely the best! Such a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! All great projects, especially love the box!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful array of projects. I love the 'Be the Best' set, too; one of my faves. The box really is fun! I'd love to make one - can you tell me the score lines, or if you have a link to the instructions? I'd sure appreciate it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I forgot to add the score lines to the post. I will update it this weekend. It was incredibly easy to do!! Very quick project.

      Delete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous creations! You are so very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments, I have enjoyed everyone stopping by!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dragonfly! Your little gift box is great. So creative & TFS how it is made.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Three projects that are perfect for day three. I like seeing those flowers in action. Tea and cookies, who wouldn't want that in such a cute little box.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another amazing post! I LOVE the box! Thank you for reminding me! Those are perfect neighbor treats!!
    I swooned over your smooshed backgrounds!
    Shannon Horch

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your smush technique and your treat box!wow!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You have been busy! I really like the background you created with the distress inks and water. Perfect for your chosen stamps. Thank you for the pictorial for creating that fun little treat bag too!
    (Hugs) Cara

    ReplyDelete

Growing In Unity Blog Hop - March 2021

Welcome to the Growing in Unity Blog Hop 2021 The Unity Stamp Company is hosting a Blog Hop and there are TWO prize packs to win so make sur...